Welcome fellow Ad Reformer! We’re glad you've joined us to take the hassle out of screenshots. To make it a bit easier to get started, we've included a video walk-through, and a step by step how to guide:
9 Minute Demo
How it works
1. Import ads
Ads can be imported as an ad tag (html) or image file. Import ads one at a time, or in bulk via CSV. Once your ads load in the system you will be able to generate screenshots.
2. Choose sites and devices
Ad Reform's technology works by finding a similar ad size on the URL, then replacing it. You need to use a URL that has a similar ad size to the ad you're generating a screenshot of. If there's not one, our team will still work to find one for you via our pending review feature. You can also tag sites with certain ad sizes so that you can search URLs based on ad size (ie. 300x250). This will make the generation of the screenshots faster and more reliable.
Choose your URL from ones you've used in the past or add a new site. Choose the device type(s). Remember to match mobile ad units with a mobile device (same goes for desktop). If you choose a mobile device for a 728x90 (desktop banner) you won't get a screenshot. Lastly, select the ads you want the screenshots of. A green border will appear around selected ads.
⚡️Pro tip: You can create multiple variations of ad + URL + device type all at once by clicking add set.
4. Customizable options
There are a few additional settings you can use when you're generating screenshots.
- Choose the ad slot we will be replacing on the page
- Schedule screenshots for a later date/time
- Include a red border around the ad in the screenshot
- Add special requirements that you want our team to approve when we review the screenshots (ie. I need animated ads in the last frame of the ad)
4. Screenshot generation and status
Press generate screenshot go grab a ☕️ Or don't, we're not the boss of you. Let Ad Reform take it from here. Our team will review them in real-time, adjust anything based on your requirements, and once they're complete, you will receive an email with a link to the screenshots. You can view their status in realtime:
- Running (green): Screenshots are currently being generated
- Pending review (blue): The screenshot might have an issue or you gave special instructions, so our team is scanning over them and approving. You will receive an email when their approved
- Scheduled (blue): You scheduled your screenshots for a later date/time, so they're in the queue
5. Notifications and adding users
It's important that everyone has their own login because an email notification is sent to the user that runs the screenshot set with a link to the completed set. If they use your login, they won't know when their screenshots are done. If you want someone else on your team to test out the tool you can add them under the members tab or just let us know and we can do it.
The time it takes to complete will depend on how long your URLs take to load and how many screenshots you generated. If you run into any issues you can always hit us up on live chat in the app. I think you're ready to go.